Private Tour & Tasting Experience
Star Lane Vineyard is a Private Estate & is available for privately hosted tours and tastings by appointment only
Star Lane Vineyard is the premier wine estate in the appellation, which is the most important new appellation for Cabernet Sauvignon in America. The estate is open on a limited basis and by appointment only. Planted to two-hundred acres of Cabernet Sauvignon and other Bordeaux varieties by the Dierberg family in 1996, Star Lane Vineyard is a family-owned and operated estate that is under its second generation of family leadership. The majestic gravity-flow winery at Star Lane Vineyard is also home to the only subterranean wine caves in Santa Barbara County. For the past decade, winemaking has been led by Tyler Thomas—who apprenticed with Aubert de Villaine of Domaine de la Romanée-Conti fame at the renowned Hyde de Villaine project in Napa Valley. The estate’s flagship and limited-production Astral Cabernet has garnered praise from the critics, being described as “endowed with superb richness in every dimension.” Says Jeb Dunnuck, “Star Lane Vineyard is straight-up pure class.”
- Appointment slots are available Tuesday through Saturday at 10:00 a.m., and 2:00 p.m. Walk-ins are not permitted.
- To request an unavailable/ unlisted date, please email our Estate Sales Manager firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will respond within 24-48 hours.
- Please allow 90 – 120 minutes from the start of your appointment time until its completion.
- The $150 tasting fee includes the full winery tour, flight of four (4+) rare wines directly from the family cellar.
- Full payment of all tasting fee’s are required at time of booking and are non-refundable. Your prepaid booking can always be transferred to another person, or re-scheduled based on winery availability.
To visit our Tasting Room instead, please click here.