Private Tour & Tasting
Star Lane Vineyard is a Private Estate & is available for privately hosted tours and tastings by appointment only.
Our curated Estate Tour and Tasting Experience showcases the splendor of the Santa Ynez Valley and offers a behind-the-scenes look at the magic and beauty of our Star Lane Vineyard, Winery & Caves. The 120-minute signature journey begins with a tour of our expansive wine-making facility where guests will experience awe-inspiring views of one of Santa Barbara County’s most historic private ranches.
Next, we’ll enjoy an in-depth tour of our caves and barrel rooms, where we’ll stop to enjoy a sneak peek of a future release right from the barrel. We’ll conclude the tour in the “Grand Courtyard” and enjoy an alfresco seated tasting experience featuring a collection of hand-selected offerings of limited production Pinot Noir and Cabernet from our three Estate Vineyards, including a library release straight from The Dierberg Family wine cellar. All wines are paired with specialty cheeses hand-selected by Winemaker Tyler Thomas.
Please fill out the form below to request an appointment time/ slot. We offer an 11:00 a.m. appointment, and a 3:00 p.m. appointment Monday through Saturday excluding holidays and special event dates.
Make an Appointment
To submit your appointment request, please fill out the form below. While we cannot guarantee your requested time slot, we will contact you to confirm your requested date and time or offer an alternative available appointment slot.
- Appointment slots are available Monday through Saturday for appointments from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., and 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Other times may be available if requested well in advance.)
- Please allow 120 minutes from the start of your appointment time until its completion.
- The $120 tasting fee includes the full winery tour, flight of four (4) Estate wines, and specialty cheese pairing.
- 72-hours advance notice for appointment requests is preferred. However, we are glad to assist in offering alternative tasting options when available.
- Walk-in appointments are not available at this location.
- A valid credit card is required to confirm your booking.
- 72-hours advance notice is required for all cancellations to avoid a charge of the tasting fees. [A maximum cancellation of $240 will be imposed on parties that cancel outside of this policy.]
- We have several other tasting options available at our Drum Canyon Tasting Room which is open by appointment. Please click here to be directed to our Tasting Room appointment request page.